Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"Las Vegas Magic" Mural by Dean Huck


Another of my Video Presentations, this one shows in great detail a mural I painted some years ago. This project was important to me though because I really wanted to show that I could adequately capture peoples' likenesses in paint. This mural was an exercise in portraiture as I ended up with no less than 17 images of magicians who had performed in Las Vegas at some time in their careers. Most people will recognize performers such as Siegfried and Roy, Lance Burton, Penn and Teller, and David Copperfield. Less people will recognize great magicians such as Doug Henning, Slydini, Amazing Johnathan, the Pendragons, Shimada, Jeff McBride, Tony Grippo, Melinda, Albert Goshman, Dai Vernon, and Richard Ross. They are are all "greats" in my book and I've had the pleasure of meeting several of them. Anyway this mural was painted on the wall of my old studio and measured about 80 inches across and about 50 inches high. The section on the bottom shows the cityscape of Las Vegas at night. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment