Friday, November 9, 2012

Artist Sketch Cards - Original Paintings and Drawings by Dean Huck

I have been working from time to time on my own Artist Sketch Cards - these are very trendy at the moment.  They started as an idea when some artists decided to do something for those people who couldn't afford to buy an original work or an expensive lithograph from them.  So these artists decided to offer very small (three and a half inches by two and a half inches; about the size of a standard business card) ORIGINAL artworks to collectors at affordable prices.  Thus the Artist Sketch Card was born. 
  Now in checking out other artists' work, I noticed that the GREAT majority of the subject matter focused on comic book characters and lots of Anime type characters (neither of which are my subjects I'm interested in). 
  So I bought some Copic markers and have started to play with these.  I will post some of the cards when I feel like I am able to produce some decent quality work - which will be....ah I don't know when the hell it will be...  I'm just going to work on them when I can and see how they come out.